Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Megadeth - The World Needs A Hero - 2001


The World Needs A Hero

After the horror known as Risk back in 1999, late in 2000 Dave Mustaine promised a return to the roots of Megadeth. While I can't agree that they fully delivered the goods (we're still a bit far from the roots, in my opinion), it is definitely a return to a heavier, faster sound than what Megadeth had served us on their previous two studio albums. I had to let this album grow on me a little before starting to appreciate it - I hated it at first. Then listening more closely I found that most tracks are actually pretty good - no real killer track, but this is arguably Megadeth's best release since Youthanasia. However this time Megadeth had the challenge of pleasing both the fans of their earlier sound and also the fans of their newer, softer sound - which I won't call evolution because I never thought nor believed that mellowing down was actually an evolution.

Track Listing
01. Disconnect
02. The World Needs A Hero
03. Moto Psycho
04. 1000 Times Goodbye
05. Burning Bridges
06. Promises
07. Recipe For Hate...Warhorse
08. Losing My Senses
09. Dread And The Fugitive Mind
10. Silent Scorn
11. Return To Hangar
12. When
13. Coming Home [Japanese bonus]

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment